Monday, June 30, 2008

Way to go Titan Boy!

On Saturday Titan Boy competed in our neighborhood Best Athlete Challenge. I was so proud of him for even entering once he found out it wasn't a gag! 8 sporting events in 5 hours! He started the event with 35 to 1 odds on winning. Now, the odds were right on! He came in 8th place, even below the guy who dropped out half way through! I felt bad for him but he did win 3 hours with a personal trainer, which he is obviously going to take advantage of. Now he is motivated to kick butt next year! Which of course means he wants me in on the action! (And I could stand to get in better shape!) SO today I bought him a present.....Wii Fit! We are gonna play video games to lose weight and get in shape. How crazy does that sound? The manager of the video game store swears it works, her son lost 12 lbs with it so there must be hope for us "old" people!

I will keep you posted on our progress! Don't laugh if I pull a muscle playing video games!
Tahoe Girl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First time reader but now I am hooked. Really want to know how that Wii Fit thing works. We have a Wii and I get sore from the darn tennis and boxing. Can't wait to see how things work out for you. I want to buy but of course not sure how to justify that for just me! :}

Tahoe Girl said...

Thanks for reading! I will definitely keep you posted on my progress. Currently mini#1 is mad cause I'm better at a video game then he is! And don't tell anyone but I twisted my ankle the first time I played Wii tennis!!!