Saturday, May 1, 2010

It happens...

You know the Sugarland Song "It Happens"? It talks about how sh*t just happens and you have to roll with it and keep a smile on your face. Yesterday was such a "it happens" sort of day I cannot help but laugh at myself.

Two thirds of the day went by just fine until I had to pick up Mini#1 and take him to baseball practice. I arrived at my mom's to pick him up practice clothes inhand....then I realized I forgot his cleats. No big deal he can practice in tennis shoes. Then I realized I forgot his bat bag and equipment. CRAP! Luckily Titan Boy was home and met us at practice with the bag. We were only five minutes late....until Mini#1 pointed out I also forgot his belt and everytime he runs his pants fall down. DOUBLE CRAP! Quick thinking reminded me I had a belt on...so he runs off to practice ten minutes late wearing a pink and green alligator ribbon belt! (He rolled his eyes at me and said "I really hope my friends don't see this!")

As he runs off I yell, "I will pick you up at 7 pm."

Fast forward one hour...

My cell rings and it's the coach..."Are you coming to get Mini#1? Cause practice ends a 6:30. It was supposed to start at 5 not 5:30....."

I just start laughing and tell him I am on my way!

See I told you, somedays "It Happens"!

Enjoy your weekend,
Tahoe Girl

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

That is quite the comedy of errors. Hope today was better. :)

Sunshine and Snoopy said...

This made me laugh out loud. I have trouble keeping up now with Annelise's Ballet and soccer and all Carson's therapy... I cannot imagine when they're older. Yikes! At least you got him to practice, and his pants did not fall down. You go you resourceful mom you!