Sunday, March 1, 2009

Party Pooper

I went back and deleted my original post for today because it was lame. Really lame.

When it comes to snow I am a party pooper. I don't like it. Its wet and messy and screws everything up. Most people love the snow, they get all excited when it snows! Me, not so much. Probably because the day in the Tahoe House goes haywire.

Currently there is a pile of hats, gloves and other whatnots for cold weather dumped on my kitchen table. By the end of the day, every single piece will be wet and have run through the dryer at least once. Keep in mind that there is not a matching set in this pile. It's all random.

I have already once today spent 45 minutes getting everyone bundled up so they can go outside and play. They lasted 10 mins each. Then they come in and strip back down, put on different clothes and go find something to do. In about 20 mins they will request bundling again cause they really want to go back outside! My dryer has started it's day long run and there are random peices of clothing hanging everywhere to dry.

Now I know why my mom always drank heavily on snow days....I think I hear the vodka calling...or tequila...maybe I'll get crazy and mix em all together!!!

Buried in a Snowy Pile of Laundry,
Tahoe Girl

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm right there with you! Hubby says he's glad it only snows in GA every 5 years!

Jill said...

I'm pretty much right there with you, too. Not very outdoorsy period, but especially do not like the extremes. You will not find me playing in the snow for more than a few minutes, nor will you find me sweating it out in 98 degree heat...even at the pool. With age comes sitting inside in the heat/AC whenever the h*ll I feel like it. ha!