Monday, July 23, 2012

Let's Review...

Today I have a horrible, PMS based migraine brewing so some of this might get a little fuzzy and not make much sense but I will try and do my best..

Last night for GNO all the girls in the 'hood headed out for dinner and a movie. Of course this group of crazy  women wanted to go see a feel good movie that will leave you with a smile on your face and warmth in our hearts. So that means we viewed Magic Mike!



 If you haven't seen it and don't want it spoiled STOP READING THIS RIGHT NOW!

Since this was not touted to be an academy awarding winning film I didn't expect to see dramatic performances or a heart wrenching love story but I did expect more than men looking stupid. Don't get me wrong, they all LOOKED amazing and a few of them (Channing Tatum) can definitely dance but the dialogue was very much lacking. The characters didn't even seem to mesh very well past the three (ok four if you count the sister) main stars so all other conversation was pretty much boring.

Would I have seen the movie had I been warned that it was basically an inside 'look" at the ugly side of male reviews? Well.........

I will leave you with this....the halloween costumes for the neighborhood party will be much more exciting this year!
catherine

No comments: