Thursday, May 29, 2008

Travel Days Are Never Good Days...

Ok that is something my mom has always said and while I have traveled quite alot, today definitely has been one of those days!

The day started out pretty good, Titan Boy took me to the airport. Now after 10 years of marriage you can imagine just how the conversation in the car went...

Me: I like that radio station
Titan Boy: Really?
Me: American is at the end
Titan Boy: Have a good trip, call me later, love you (drives off)

OK, that was odd. I guess he doesn't have much to say today.

Plane ride was uneventful but the pilot flew to fast and our gate was taken. Now we sit on the tarmac for 30 minutes in a stuffy plane inhaling fumes. (This is where the migraine starts)

My luggage comes off first! Ok, this is turning around! Woohoo, on to the rental car depot!

Now, I have to admit I showed up without a reservation. But out of 12 rental agencies someone has to have a car right? After waiting in 2 lines equaling another 30 minutes my vehicle is presented to me....keep in mind I am traveling alone and the title of this blog is about my Tahoe. I'm an SUV girl. Love my big monogrammed truck!!! The very cute rental agent starts showing me around my giant WHITE MINIVAN!!!! It looks like a BIG MARSHMALLOW!!!! WTF? A Minivan? I'm not carrying around a whole bunch of mini's or anything? Just me! Can't I have something impractical. "No M'am, we are all out of cars, but this minivan has great features. (He then proceeds to show me all of them.) The seats all lay down in case I need to put a small circus in here, the doors open with the touch of a button, it has hidden stowaway cargo....Seriously? I have sworn my whole life I will never drive a minivan! (I don't have anything against them I just don't want one!) So after the whole explanation and a sales pitch for extra insurance, I drove off in my BIG WHITE MINIVAN. Oh and the GPS Unit Titan Boy loaned me kept trying to give me directions to the hotel from my house that is 5 states away! That is equally helpful at this point.

I did get some setup done at the show before I jumped back in the marshmallow to find a Target and thanks to the now functioning GPS unit I was successful! Now I just get to read my book and watch what ever I want on TV with NO INTERUUPTIONS. Jealous?

Tahoe Girl Stuck in the MINIVAN

No comments: