Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wrong End...

Today Mini Tahoe #3 is having surgery. It's nothing serious it is just to fix a little problem he has with his boy parts. They told us it will only take about ten minutes and he will be fine to return to school the next day.

Of course, as with any surgery, he cannot eat anything for 12 hours before surgery that are not clear. Then nothing at all for the four hours before the surgery.

Now I know he is only 5 so I am trying to explain all of this to him in a way he understands. I told him that if he eats before he goes to sleep he might throw up on the doctor and she wouldn't like that very much plus his tummy would hurt. His response seriously made me giggle...

"Mommy, they are fixin my penis, not my mouth. That really doesn't make any sense"

I just love this kid.....
Tahoe Girl


1 comment:

S said...

My son, 18 months, just had a 2 hour surgery to fix his boy parts. Luckily his was at 7 am and he only couldn't eat for 6 hours, so he was able to eat like normal all day the day before and then just nothing the next morning.

Kids having surgery sucks, but luckily they're little so they bounce back quickly.